PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreak - December 2013

cHeroKee
12-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Nationwide H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreak
Dec 21, 2013

Swine Flu outbreak emerging across the nation. While not yet at a pandemic level, a majority of those cases are the same strain of the virus which caused a global pandemic in 2009. At the moment, Texas appears to be ground zero though new cases are being reported across the U.S. and Canada. It is expected that case numbers will dramatically increase over the year-end holidays as families and friends gather.

It is also important to note that unlike most strains of influenza, H1N1 does not disproportionately infect adults older than 60 years. In fact, in a typical year, 90% of flu deaths occur in those over age 65. With H1N1, approximately 60-80% of deaths occurred in those under age 65.

Even in the case of previously very healthy persons, some develop pneumonia or what is known as "acute respiratory distress syndrome" or (ARDS). The pneumonia caused by flu can be either direct viral pneumonia or a secondary bacterial pneumonia. As such, it is recommended that doctors and clinicians be extra vigilant for its onset, including in younger, healthy patients. Those whose chest X-ray indicates pneumonia should be considered for both antivirals and antibiotics.

In addition, those with serious H1N1 infections often suffer kidney damage, including complete renal failure.
As is well known in medical circles, recent case-control studies show the yearly trivalent flu vaccine is only about 56% effective in reducing flu risk, and that number is for people with good health. Statistically, that is similar to a coin toss, and a far cry from the panacea of protection often promoted in the print and broadcast media.

Risk Mitigation

Despite being informally referred to as "swine flu", the H1N1 virus cannot be spread by eating pork or pork products, as is the case with other influenza viruses. Regardless, cook your food thoroughly.

Swine flu is typically contracted by person to person transmission, including respiratory droplets, so you would be well served by steering clear of sick individuals over the holidays, even to the point of politely declining the dozens of obligatory cheek kisses, even if you have had a flu shot. If you are sick, stay home or otherwise practice social distancing for the safety of others.

ZDMZ
12-21-2013, 06:54 PM
A 39 yr old man form my community died of H1N1 last week. Another died in Winnemucca.

Charsee
12-27-2013, 05:34 PM
For the last several years any bad flu has been said to be H1N1. My brother had a flu that lasted a couple of weeks the year after the hyped H1N1 outbreak. They didn't test to see which flu he had, just said that it was this flu and then chastised him for not getting the vaccine. Until recently they claimed that there were usually three or more "bad" strains going around the US during the winter months.

So many people received two or more flu vaccinations the "swine flu" year (especially recommended for multiple vaccines were pregnant women, small infants and those with immune deficiencies, and the elderly given another "extra strong version.") Remember that flu vaccines have the full measure of heavy metals in them that are often toxic, especially to the brains and bodies of older people, babies in utero and infants, and those with weakened immune systems who are unable to detoxify poisons. Also, flu vaccines in studies have been proven ineffective for children and the elderly.

The CDC claimed when the H1N1 came onto the scene that 36,000 people die each year because of the "flu." They now say that 12,000 people died of H1N1 that year to scare us and infer it is even more deadly than other flus. Huh? They also report that the "test" to ascertain whether you have this particular flu strain is now only 10 percent accurate.

Remember that they have millions and millions of doses of this vaccine sitting in storage that they were unable to sell because it never materialized here in the states as a "deadly" flu.

It amazes me that when a vaccine is shown to be ineffective that they then say you need more of it, such as the MMR started as one shot then became a series given in early childhood and now recommended for a series of boosters in kindergarten, during the pre-teen years and again in college. I'm not bitter that my child was forced to get another one in the MTC even though fully vaccinated and we are required to pay for it. As well as the ineffective flu vaccine and a Hep vaccine. All have mercury and my child can't detoxify well. Not bitter at all LOL.