PDA

View Full Version : Jim Phillips Clothing

Bigm
02-24-2008, 12:35 PM
I purchased years ago the Jim Phillips boots gloves etc from Northern Outfitters (who I hear has been bought out?) this past winter the family and I had the oppurtunity to use them WOW is all I can say. I have spent many a years in Logan and Montana and wish I had had these back then.

Bigm

thermocouple
03-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Bigm,
Something that I have wondered about this foam clothing, it seems like it's just not versatile enough. I have heard enough testimonies regarding how incredibly warm the clothing system is, which is great for simply being out in the cold. But what about performing manual labor, getting various forms of work done? I cant help but think that when work is required you would quickly overheat in these clothes. What are your thoughts on this?

Molly
04-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Thermocouple,

Both my husband & I have the foam clothing. As far as manual labor, my husband has used a snow blower & shoveled snow, while wearing the clothing. With the shoveling it requires a lot of movement. He thought the clothing was great. I am sure you meant other kind of manual labor. But, I thought this may help a little bit.

Molly

crazyknitter
04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
It is good to hear about these testimonys. Thank you.

thermocouple
04-10-2008, 08:16 AM
crazyknitter, it's great to see you over here!

crazyknitter
04-10-2008, 10:01 AM
crazyknitter, it's great to see you over here!

Thank you. I had wondered where some of you had snuck off to. I am glad to find you! :thumbup:

Abinadi
04-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Howdy Crazyknitter...

Abinadi

crazyknitter
04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
For those of you who don't know, I do make these foam clothing for others.

texasgal
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Crazyknitter,
Do you have a website where we can see the foam clothing and the prices? Since I am in Texas, I cannot even imagine a really cold winter!

crazyknitter
04-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Crazyknitter,
Do you have a website where we can see the foam clothing and the prices? Since I am in Texas, I cannot even imagine a really cold winter!

Right now, I do not have a websight up, but I do have some pictures on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58529341@N00/

I need to go in and organize the pictures (still learning how), but for now, you will need to scroll down through the pictures. Make sure you read the comments so you get a better idea of what you see.

texasgal
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the pictures. BTW, those "things" are gords. Pick them, let them dry and you will have "natural" maracas. The kids will love them! I will PM you about the clothing.

crazyknitter
04-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the pictures. BTW, those "things" are gords. Pick them, let them dry and you will have "natural" maracas. The kids will love them! I will PM you about the clothing.

Thanks, I did find out what those squash were last summer. They are long gone now.

Charsee
05-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Anybody else waiting for foam clothing from Jim Phillips. I ordered one pair (in December) just to see what they would look like. I am afraid that my money is gone...

BackBlast
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Bigm,
Something that I have wondered about this foam clothing, it seems like it's just not versatile enough. I have heard enough testimonies regarding how incredibly warm the clothing system is, which is great for simply being out in the cold. But what about performing manual labor, getting various forms of work done? I cant help but think that when work is required you would quickly overheat in these clothes. What are your thoughts on this?

I haven't experimented extensively with foam clothing yet. However, I do have a little experience, and getting in a 1" bag at room temperature isn't bad actually. The foam is fairly comfortable, even when it's not cold. I would expect it to be fairly versatile. Moisture management is it's claimed forte, so I'd imagine sweat to work as desired and not leave you cold afterwards like much winter gear out there does (work -> sweat, cease work -> very cold due to abundance of moisture).

Brandon

BackBlast
05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Anybody else waiting for foam clothing from Jim Phillips. I ordered one pair (in December) just to see what they would look like. I am afraid that my money is gone...

Ordered in Jan/Feb time frame, just picked up our foam order yesterday. Seems Jim is back on track after a hiccup. :001_005:

Brandon