PDA

View Full Version : Going to get another years supply tomorrow - Get it while it is cheap!

vududady
03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
We decided that with the way things are going with inflation and food prices, time was off the essence and that were were going to invest in another years supply of food four our family of 6 tomorrow. We are heading up to the cannery with a bunch of folks and are going to do ours and theirs and try to finish it in a day (sigh!)...

I think that before too long, we will probably be living off this food, if for no other reason than to save money...It is almost surreal what is happening with the prices of things. This reminds me of Brazil in the 1980's.

Folks, we live in exciting times. I hope that you are all prepared and the Lord watches over and blesses you.

vududady
03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
WOW...What a day. We used up the last of the white wheat, rice, spaghetti, and macaroni that the cannery had and put a huge dent in the rest of their supplies. However, we did not quite make our goal. We simply ran out of time.

We were there from the time they opened (9AM) until an hour after they closed (3PM), and we got almost enough for 5 people, but not for 6. Anyway, hard day...Glad its over. Now I just get to enjoy my aches and pains. :cryin: