PDA

View Full Version : Ready For A Crisis

thermocouple
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Ken Moravec on the front page of todays Utah section in Deseret News.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705275251,00.html

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/6375708.jpg (http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/6375708.jpg)

Alma the Younger
01-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Sounds like a wise man.

419!

signseeker
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't want to be all over the news, though.

ktcottle
01-05-2009, 06:52 PM
I know who's house I'm going to when crap hits the fan !!!! :w00t: I'm sorry - I couldn't resist that comment! hahahaha -

Ironyak
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Do a quick search for Kenneth Moravec and you'll find his name everywhere. He even has his phone number posted. This is a lot more publicity than I would want!

The best part is that this is an AP story so it's all over the country! I'll just sit over here quietly preparing. :wink (2):

perk_daddy
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Dude is probably going to change his address/phone# in the near future. He doesn't seem stupid...

Caveman
01-05-2009, 11:44 PM
He likes the publicity. He does not do this not to be noticed. The more people that know the better. He will just hide in one of his fall-out shelters. He draws more attention to himself than a woman wearing a bikini to sacrament meeting.

Ironyak
01-06-2009, 07:44 AM
What about a fat guy wearing a bikini to sacrament meeting?

waif69
01-06-2009, 08:21 AM
I think that would get more attention... Hmm, that's got me thinking....

North_Star
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Has anybody invited Kenneth to post here?

thermocouple
01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Has anybody invited Kenneth to post here?
Yes.

Morgan
01-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Kenneth requested to the reporter that neither his name nor location be posted, but they ignored him, according to Kenneth.

ghostcat
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
What about a fat guy wearing a bikini to sacrament meeting?
Gee thanks, now I have that image of me in a bikini in a crowd, in my mind!!!!:shocked::eek6::scared::yikes::d0 (45)::eek::d0 (54)::blink:

waif69
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
that's gotta be a sight better than me in sacrement meeting wearing a bikini, black adorned with sequins and really thin straps.

Ironyak
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Kenneth requested to the reporter that neither his name nor location be posted, but they ignored him, according to Kenneth.

That's why I question the motives of the reporter. Is he really promoting food storage with this story or are people like us being made to look like paranoid hoarders?

Again, I am likely being too cynical, but I can't help but wonder...

Ironyak
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh and no more bikini comments! It is getting out of hand!

:l0 (17):

supersc
01-06-2009, 10:03 PM
This is a great comment from a reader of the News regarding the whole SF earthquake stranded thing... good reading!

I've met Ken and heard him speak, and his story of being left on the San Francisco Bay bridge makes sense when you know all the details. He could have walked away from his vehicle like everyone else but knew that his vehicle would be totally stripped of everything valuable. He now admits that it was not very wise to stay and protect it because of the danger he was in from the looters, but he didn't want his vehicle destroyed and knew he had enough food to last until he could get his vehicle out. If you doubt that was happening--he watched it happen to other vehicles. Next time, please don't be so quick to rush to judgement--news articles rarely give you enough to details to make a proper judgement. Ken is an awesome guy who is helping a lot of people prepare themselves for whatever may happen.

supersc
01-06-2009, 10:06 PM
And Kenneth even added his own comment. Sorry to hear about the job loss... we are going to hear a lot more of that going on, IMHO.

Kenneth Moravec | 3:34 p.m. Jan. 5, 2009
I am sorry for those of you that are not in agreement with what I do.

Laurie,
My concern for others has nothing to do with their faith. You and others are still neighbors irregardless of what you believe or how crazy people may think I am.

I am far from perfect but I am trying on a daily basis to be the best that I can. Providing for my family is my responsibility and an honor.

No, I cannot feed everyone but I can try to help those around me (especially those that cannot help themselves or those that are having hardships) to weather the storms of life. Since this article was first written I have lost my job and now am living on my food storage (although I do every day because of rotation). Once again we shall weather one more storm and pray for brighter days.

Will the end of the world happen tomorrow? Maybe, but I am more concerned about feeding my family today. It does not take TEOTWAWKI to happen to have me be concerned for those I love and care about.

No we are not all Christian but we are neighbors.

ghostcat
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh and no more bikini comments! It is getting out of hand!

:l0 (17): Or at least it is reaching a level that no one in their right mind wants to go to.:l0 (59):

thermocouple
01-07-2009, 08:36 AM
The only problem I have with Ken's comment is that he used the term "irregardless", which means regardless.

signseeker
01-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah, regardless or irrespective. Pick one.

JayE
01-07-2009, 09:09 AM
I know Kenneth very well. I visit him at his house regularly. He is quite intelligent and knows exactly what he is doing. He is a very compassionate and generous man, but for those who think they can go to his house and take food by force, they will be sorely disappointed. He has much more in storage than what you will be able to find at his house. He doesn't let people know where the majority of his storage is.

Cowboy
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Kenneth is a good man. We have posted a lot of information that he has sent me. He has been invited to post here but he really only wants to participate in one forum. And it is not this one. I would love to have him come and post here.

I second what Jay has said.