PDA

View Full Version : Super Tanker (water storage)

mirkwood
01-20-2009, 03:47 AM
This looks like a pretty good product:

http://www.incaseof.ca/supertanker.htm

signseeker
01-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Dang. That's big. And $440 for the big one.

I guess you need to keep it in the house or it'll freeze?

prairiemom
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Where do you see the prices? I downloaded their PDF catalog and the PDF on the storage tanks and didn't see any prices for them anywhere. Are these prices Canadian or US$?

signseeker
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I clicked on Grandma's Country... one of the places that sells them in Utah and found the price there.

prairiemom
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Doh! Thanks. So that is US$.

NRA
01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I guess you need to keep it in the house or it'll freeze?I have water stored outside. You just have to leave about 10% empty for expansion when it freezes. And yes, I also have water stored indoors that doesn't freeze. These tanks look pretty nice. With a pretty price to go with it. But I guess everything is getting more and more expensive all the time. *sigh*

Earthling
01-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Remember water that freezes loses oxygen and tastes different. The water bottles I keep in my cars freeze every winter and by spring I have to toss them or make punch with them because they taste flat & funny. You can oxygenate water by pour it back & forth between two containers.

ghostcat
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I like the looks of them but I'm sticking to the 55 gal and smaller containers. I would be a little concerned about having all of your water supply in one container, I just don't like having all of my eggs in one basket. Of course the fact that I have been able to get all of my water storage containers for free dosen't hurt either!:biggrin (2):

KF7EEC
01-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Of course the fact that I have been able to get all of my water storage containers for free dosen't hurt either!:biggrin (2):

So I've tried calling the soda bottlers here in Vega$ and none of them sell or give away their used 55-gallon buckets. Anyone had luck with the ones in Vegas or St George?

silverstate51
01-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Michaelhcox,
Our Lynn's supermarket in Overton usually has the 55 gallon water containers for around $50 to $60. That's cheaper than most websites, if you're willing to make the drive.
If you're interested, I can check and see if they have any at the present time.

signseeker
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
... by spring I have to toss them or make punch with them because they taste flat & funny.

You're a water snob, too?? :smilewinkgrin:

Earthling
01-22-2009, 09:41 AM
You're a water snob, too?? :smilewinkgrin:

Guess I am! I like to buy the spring water and not just the purified stuff. No difference between the purified and what I get from my tap. I do get great water from the tap - comes from artesian wells under Pineview Dam. Great stuff! :)

Rogmo
01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Not sure of their regular price, but Macey's has them brand new right now for $39

KF7EEC
01-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Michaelhcox,
Our Lynn's supermarket in Overton usually has the 55 gallon water containers for around $50 to $60. That's cheaper than most websites, if you're willing to make the drive.
If you're interested, I can check and see if they have any at the present time.

I have two right now. If I could get some more for free I would, but I don't want to buy any at the moment. Also, Your Family Still Matters in St George has 55-gallon water drums for $43.99 if anyone is looking for one.

Does the Lynns out there do the big case lot sales and emergency preparedness stuff like the ones in Utah do? If so, will you let me know when they do it next?

silverstate51
01-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Michaelhcox:

Yes, Lynn's does, and yes, I'll let you know.

ADOZ
01-23-2009, 08:30 PM
This looks like a pretty good product:

http://www.incaseof.ca/supertanker.htm

There are great! I have two of them + 7 55 gallon drums. I don't want to be without water...I know...I'm crazy but hey I'd rather be nuts then thirsty! :001_tt2:

Noahs ARK
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
There are great! I have two of them + 7 55 gallon drums. I don't want to be without water...I know...I'm crazy but hey I'd rather be nuts then thirsty! :001_tt2:

I just saved the website and told my husband we NEED these.

You have quite an impressive water storage! I have a lot of bottled water stored and some of those 2.5 gallon jugs you can find at the grocery store.

I save all my other empty containers - plastic kitty litter jugs, detergent & bleach containers. I know we can't drink that water, but we can definitely wash with it or do laundry. I guess every little bit helps.

One day I sat down and figured that for the 2 of us and 19 animals, we probably need a minimum of 5 gallons per day. But I'd like to have enough storage for the 2 of us and extended family. Yikes!!