PDA

View Full Version : Another Preparedness Fair

phylm
04-09-2010, 07:34 PM
We have just been invited to take part in the annual prep fair at the branch we used to attend in central Florida. We talked gardening and dehydrating vegetables last time.

I think we'll show how to can meat, and I'll make up a booklet of storage food recipes and impress on folks how storage food can easily be "quick meals," also.

I'm planning to take along one of my funnel solar cookers, too. I've had my prep class making them for less than $5.00. Think I'll do a handout on alternative cooking, too. :d0 (7):

mgriffith
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
We have just been invited to take part in the annual prep fair at the branch we used to attend in central Florida. We talked gardening and dehydrating vegetables last time.

What part of Central Florida? We used to live in DeLand, and my mother lives in Sebring.

/\/\ark

signseeker
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Are instructions for the funnel solar cooker somewhere on this forum already? I wasn't mentally "up to" solar cooking last year, but this summer I'm feeling like trying it out. :yikes:

phylm
04-10-2010, 09:21 AM
What part of Central Florida? We used to live in DeLand, and my mother lives in Sebring.

/\/\ark

Arcadia...the home of the oldest rodeo in Florida!

phylm
04-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Are instructions for the funnel solar cooker somewhere on this forum already? I wasn't mentally "up to" solar cooking last year, but this summer I'm feeling like trying it out. :yikes:

I'll see if I can find the link. If not, I'll try to write out simple instructions, okay?

mgriffith
04-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Arcadia...the home of the oldest rodeo in Florida!

I spent some time around there. I also used to live in Fort Myers, and drove around your area a lot.

/\/\ark