PDA

View Full Version : Is this dehydrator a good one?

Dolcezza
06-16-2010, 02:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290445097384&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hello!

My friend Patricia is thinking about buying the dehydrator in the link.
I have suggested the Ezidri which costs the same, is supplied by an LDS company in the UK and is a known brand.

Just wondering if you have tried the one above as I have never heard of that brand in my life!

Thanks!

Dolcezza

prairiemom
06-16-2010, 10:36 AM
It looks to be almost identical to my Excalibur. I think you've read my opinion on the Excalibur--the design is just so much better than ones that have the motor on the bottom and a hole in the middle. It dries more efficiently, the square trays are easier to manage and hold more, they are a better design for fruit leather and drying soups. It's just far superior to the tower (stacking tray) models.

I couldn't find any information about warranty, so I'll assume it's a standard 1-yr warranty. But even then, if it costs the same then I'd get the Cuisinpro, no question.

One note: Looking at the trays, it looks like they are just a plastic grid, which is fine for bigger pieces of food, but smaller fruits, berries and herbs will fall through. My Excalibur has plastic mesh, sort of like plastic canvas. So if she buys the dryer, she'll likely want to get the mesh liners. If the company doesn't offer them or if they are too expensive, tell her to buy the plastic canvas at a craft store (I don't know, maybe that's not a big craft item over in the UK?) Here a sheet of canvas mesh would cost about $1.50, so it's pretty inexpensive.