PDA

View Full Version : NEW at Emergency Essentials....

Noahs ARK
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 14px" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Fired Up!™ Emergency Fuel & Firestarter IN-A-BUCKET
<!-- Product Display: --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=625 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=375>

Fired Up!™ is a safe, simple and versatile new emergency fuel & fire starting product. It has water-repellent properties, a 30+ year shelf-life and two cups can burn approximately 30 minutes. Use it to light campfires, prepare charcoal briquettes or as a safe and reliable fuel source for cooking or heating in emergency situations.

Ideal for lighting a campfire & charcoal. No kindling required
Two cups burn for approximately 1/2 hour (with periodic strring)
Can be used with an outdoor grill
Can also be a self-standing fire
One cup will boil two cups of water approx. ten minutes
No harmful chemicals
</TD><TD vAlign=top width=250 align=middle>http://beprepared.com/images/250/CL-S095.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:openSizedPopUp('pop_viewImage.asp_Q_image_E_/images/500/CL-S095_A_name_E_Fired+Up%21%99+Emergency+Fuel+%26+Fi restarter+IN%2DA%2DBUCKET',540,540);)
Click for larger image. (http://javascript<b></b>:openSizedPopUp('pop_viewImage.asp_Q_image_E_/images/500/CL-S095_A_name_E_Fired+Up%21%99+Emergency+Fuel+%26+Fi restarter+IN%2DA%2DBUCKET',540,540);)
http://beprepared.com/images/art/CRC_star_0.gif ( customer reviews (http://javascript<b></b>:openPopUp('/pop_crc.asp?pn=CL S095')))

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><FORM onsubmit="return productCheckQuantities(this);" method=post name=frmCart action=cart.asp><INPUT value=add_to_cart_item_page type=hidden name=action> <TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#999276 cellPadding=2 width=400 align=center><INPUT value=CLsssS095 type=hidden name=pn> <TBODY><TR bgColor=#c9c09b><TD vAlign=top colSpan=100 align=middle>IN CL S095 - Fired Up!™ Emergency Fuel & Firestarter IN-A-BUCKET (http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_CL%20S095_A_name_E_Fired+Up%21% 99+Emergency+Fuel+%26+Firestarter+IN-A-BUCKET)</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER>Quantity >></CENTER></TD><TD align=middle>1+</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER>Our Price >></CENTER></TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>$47.95</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

prairiemom
09-03-2010, 11:49 PM
I saw this. Has anyone used this? What is it made of?

mirkwood
09-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I think for $47.95 you can find a lot better and cheaper ways to start a fire.

prairiemom
09-04-2010, 02:23 PM
I think for $47.95 you can find a lot better and cheaper ways to start a fire.

Exactly what I was thinking. So what is this that we should spend so much on it?

Noahs ARK
09-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. So what is this that we should spend so much on it?

That's what I wondered, too.

hiccups
09-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm wondering if a bucket full of dryer lint and saw dust wouldn't accomplish the same purpose...

Noahs ARK
09-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm wondering if a bucket full of dryer lint and saw dust wouldn't accomplish the same purpose...

I've been saving all my dryer lint and am putting it in empty #10 cans.

I just wondered if anyone had tried it and/or knew what it was, so that we could make it ourselves.

It says 1 cup can boil 2 cups of water in approx 10 minutes, but my empty paint can w/alcohol & toilet paper could probably do that.

mirkwood
09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I store a couple boxes of the alcohol prep wipes. They ignite really nicely. You can also use a mixture of vaseline and cotton balls. Dryer lint, sawdust are also good. I have charcoal starter that does really nicely on twigs/kindling. Paper that you run through the shredder, or crumple/tear yourself. The list goes on and on. That bucket is a money making gimmick IMO.

libertygranny
09-05-2010, 08:57 AM
While I agree to a point that this bucket is a money maker, not everyone has access to sawdust or dryer lint (if you use a laundromat) or use dryer sheets, let alone store enough of the stuff. And I certainly don't want to use up precious tp to heat things up. This stuff may be answer to someone who lives in an apartment where space is at a premium or where flammable type liquids (ie propane bottles, etc) are not allowed (yes we lived in an apt that it was not allowed to be stored).

If this stuff really works as advertised, it is pretty ingenius to come up with an alternative for some folks.

Noahs ARK
09-05-2010, 12:55 PM
While I agree to a point that this bucket is a money maker, not everyone has access to sawdust or dryer lint (if you use a laundromat) or use dryer sheets, let alone store enough of the stuff. And I certainly don't want to use up precious tp to heat things up. This stuff may be answer to someone who lives in an apartment where space is at a premium or where flammable type liquids (ie propane bottles, etc) are not allowed (yes we lived in an apt that it was not allowed to be stored).

If this stuff really works as advertised, it is pretty ingenius to come up with an alternative for some folks.

You're absolutely right. I never even thought about people that live in an apartment and have smaller storage spaces or where flammables aren't allowed.

I was thinking of putting a bucket in my Pathfinder - for 'just in case' situations.

LoudmouthMormon
09-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Somewhere in this very board, someone told us about the "egg carton, dryer lint, and some wax melted over it" firestarter.

I made some and tried it, I'll never go back, ever, ever. Keep your spendy buckets of stuff that lights on command - I have a bunch of el-cheapo ziplocked egg carton sections that light on command.

LM

Noahs ARK
09-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Somewhere in this very board, someone told us about the "egg carton, dryer lint, and some wax melted over it" firestarter.

I made some and tried it, I'll never go back, ever, ever. Keep your spendy buckets of stuff that lights on command - I have a bunch of el-cheapo ziplocked egg carton sections that light on command.

LM

See - that's the great thing about asking....somebody always has a suggestion. Something for everyone & their different needs.

I googled it and found the egg carton firestarter and a toilet paper firestarter. Both easy to make.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=779><TBODY><TR><TD>Fire Starters

<HR>

CAUTION: When melting paraffin wax , always use a double boiler or a can set in a pan of hot water. NEVER melt wax over direct heat since it can burst into flames very easily.

<HR>Melted paraffin wax and cardboard egg cartons and dryer lint make some of the best fire starters you ever saw! Stuff a bit of dryer lint (highly flammable, by the way) into each egg holder and add some paraffin - don't fill them to the top, about 2/3 full is good, but half way will do fine too! Let them cool, or put them in the freezer. Then when they are set, use a serrated bladed knife and 'saw' them into individual fire starters. The wet won't hurt them, they aren't toxic, won't hurt the environment, you are reusing old things and they WORK!!!

<HR>
All-time easiest fire starters at zero cost:

dryer lint
used toilet paper roll
wax paper liner from cereal box
Loosely stuff dryer lint into TP roll. Place in the cereal liner, roll up, twist ends to close. These take seconds to make, cost nothing, and any age level can make them. BTW why saw the egg carton/wax singles apart? They tear apart just fine, and who cares if it's not a thing of beauty? It's going up in smoke in a few seconds anyway.....

</TD></TR></TBODY>

</TR></TBODY>
</TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

phylm
09-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Back when hiking on the Long Trail in Vermont, I pulled a couple of thin bark rolls from any downed white birch tree I could find, picked a few dry dead spruce twigs--not balsam! You can't start that burning with a torch--, and had my faithful fire starter, even in the rain. The shelters along the trail usually had a wood supply, but no good starter material.

In the deep South, and in the desert, I think that green shrubs and trees have enough oil in them--even the leaves--to ignite easily.