PDA

View Full Version : Canned butter 15% off and available later this week

arbilad
09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
At MREDepot this week you can get 15% off canned butter. Just use coupon code DUTCHBUTR. Below is the text of an email they sent out to their customers. The butter will be available later this week.

MREdepot.com

Canned Dutch Butter Back In Stock THIS WEEK!

Order Yours Today Before We Run Out Like Last Time

Hi All!

Just a quick note (since I know many of you have been waiting patiently); the Dutch Butter will be back in stock this week! We're not sure exactly what day it will be here, but I suspect we're probably looking at the middle of the week.

Since we ran out so quickly the last time we got this butter shipped here from Holland, I wanted our customer base (which incidentally is the only people who get these e-mails from me - only because you placed an order with us in the past) to have the first dibs on it before we went out to our wholesale customers or the public with it.

Therefore, feel free to pick some up now while we have it, just be aware that contrary to our same-business-day shipping policy, we will not ship your butter to you until we receive it here (obviously;-).

If you are not familiar with this butter, which is canned for us by H.J. Wijsman & Zonen B.V., it has a rich history of more than 150 years in the market. Produced to the extremely high quality standards that Holland's dairy industry has been known for over the centuries, you will not be disappointed with the taste, texture or packaging. Sold in a pack of 12 cans, with each can containing 200 grams or 7.05 ounces of real creamery butter, they are also perfect for the RV, Cabin or when you take the family camping since no refrigeration is needed.

When you open a can (pictured below), you will immediately smell the rich buttery flavor - and when you taste it, if it is for the first time, trust me when I tell you that it is some of the best quality butter you have probably ever tried. Because the cattle are free-ranging and raised on grass - it is also healthier for you than the stuff we get in the U.S. Plus, like most European butters, although it is salted it has less sodium than what we get here, so it is actually better for us all around.

I do have to point out three small but important issues;

Like the Red Feather Butter and Cheese, this Butter can not be imported into Canada we have learned - please accept my apologies as that is an old law on the books to protect Canadian Dairy Farmers from imported dairy products.
Sold only in packs of 12 cans right now - no single cans and no 6-packs since the quantity is too limited and the demand is too high because it has been out of stock for so long, sorry about that!
Quantity really is limited. Because this is our second shipment and the first was a partial container in the interests of getting it here quickly (i.e. we took what they had already produced rather than wait for a new production slot weeks into the future), I do have to keep some aside. The next container is not due until the end of November. So get some while you can, and if the below links are broken or do not work, that means we ran out of this batch and I will let you know when we have more available.

As a token of my sincere thanks for the patience while we brought canned butter back, please use the below coupon for 15% off your entire order* if you place an order with us between now and Sunday (see below for more details).

Without further ado (OK, without further rambling from me), here are the pictures of the new butter (click on either picture for more details on the butter itself and the company/history on our website);

Canned Butter Back In Stock!!

12 Cans of H.J. Wisemand & Zonen Canned Butter from Holland

12 Cans of High Quality, Natural Canned Butter from a Dutch Company with more than 150 years of history!

Since we began importing canned butter more than 5 years ago, no single product has received as much praise, excitement and thanks from our customers than shelf-stable butter.

Your Price; $67.96 with Below Coupon

*With 15% Discount Coupon Below, Limited Time Offer,
While Supplies Last, Regularly $79.95

Thank you for continuing to keep an eye on what we are working on for you. Watch your e-mail over the next couple of weeks for some MORE exciting news - I'll keep you posted!

Best Regards,

-Steve

Steven L. Cyros

"Remember; When Disaster Strikes, the Time to Prepare has Passed" TM

MREdepot.com | 942 Calle Amanecer, Suite B | San Clemente | CA | 92673 | Tel; 949-366-9484

Save 15%
As our thanks, please use the coupon code DUTCHBUTR during checkout for an additional 15% discount on each and every regular stock item on our website http://www.mredepot.com/. Menu C MRE's do not qualify for discount. Can not be combined with any other Promotion Code or Offer. While Supplies Last. Not Valid on Prior Orders. Available through http://www.mredepot.com/ website purchases only - not valid for eBay Sales.
Offer Expires: Midnight, Sundat September 19, 2010

Baconator
09-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've been using nothing but canned butter for over a year and love this stuff. Time to get a couple more cases.

arbilad
09-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Baconator, it's possible that this stuff will taste different than the New Zealand stuff you've been eating. This is Dutch butter, because the New Zealand place broke their exclusivity agreement with mredepot.com, and so mredepot went with another canned butter supplier. I have a hard time imagining Dutch butter tasting bad, though.

Baconator
09-15-2010, 11:25 AM
True, but it's butter. The only bad butter I've tasted had gone rancid from sitting out in the butter dish too long.

arbilad
09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Follow up email about the butter:

REMINDER; Canned Dutch Butter Back In Stock!

This Container Cleared Customs Yesterday
We'll start shipping on Friday, but only 600 cases of Butter left, so don't wait to order if you have not done so already...

Hi Everyone!

Just a short update for you;

If you pre-ordered some already - thank you! We'll start shipping butter tomorrow, and should have everything out by Monday at the latest. If you had other items in your order, chances are we already shipped the other items to you the same day you placed your order.
We only have 600 cases of Butter left that are not spoken for, so order yours now if you haven't yet.
If the below links are broken (i.e. they don't take you to the butter listing on our website), that means we ran out. I'm really hoping this will last for you through Sunday night - but if it doesn't, we'll let you know when we get more in (probably late-November, when the next container is due into port).

Be sure to use the below coupon for 15% off your entire order* if you place an order with us between now and Sunday night (even if butter stock runs out before then - see below for more details).

Noahs ARK
09-16-2010, 07:34 PM
What's the difference between how this butter and Red Feather Butter tastes?

arbilad
09-16-2010, 07:38 PM
I have no idea. This is a new product, and I haven't tried any yet. As I said, I have a hard time imagining that it tastes bad.